WELCOME! To summer camp!

55 replies, 19 voices Last updated by  Natasha Jackson 6 months, 3 weeks ago
  • Lou Archell
    Keymaster
    @lou

Welcome everyone!

I’m so very excited to have you all here, and I must admit a little nervous.  It has taken Dan and I 6 long months to build this website, source amazing content and get it all ready for you!  We hope you like it.

So – let’s all introduce ourselves.  My name is Lou Archell.  I’m the founder of Sisterhood Camp.  I live in Bristol, UK with Dan, our two sons, Charlie and Rufus.  We have two cats, Obi and Mimi who we rescued a few years ago – and they are my other babies.

I also write a lifestyle blog called Littlegreenshed. where I share family life, travels and my current loves in interiors, fashion and more.  Come over to have a look and say hi.

I started Sisterhood back in 2015, as I found that working as freelancer at home rather isolating.  I wanted to reach out to other women like me.  To learn from one another, to boost each others moral – and to loosely network.

I thought if I need help on a job, then I need a little book of women to ask… so this idea of Sisterhood came about.

I hope you enjoy our Summer Camp.  There are so many great articles, recipes, DIYs, interviews and more to come.

Now – over to you….

I can’t wait to meet you all.

lou x

Natasha Jackson
    Participant
    @natashajackson

Hi Lou & Dan,

The site is looking amazing! I am so excited to keep exploring what you have created.

A quick intro: My name is Natasha, after 20+ house moves, I am settled in Yorkshire with my partner Darren, our little boy called Elliot and Wilson the cat.

Love: Photography, change, the sea, laughter, camping, connecting with people, coffee cake, trying something new and paddling my feet.

Hate: Wet summers, impatience, celery, routines, midges, negativity and bad bread/coffee.

Looking forward to meeting you all. xx

Gaelle Jolly
    Participant
    @gaelle

Hello!

My name is Gaelle and I live in Oxford with my husband (and, occasionally, the neighbours’ cat).

I have a full-time job in communications, but since joining Instagram last year I have started to dream of having my own little creative business.

My passion is calligraphy, and I particularly love using it as an element in visual storytelling. I’m just beginning to explore ideas of how I could turn this into products and services, while focusing on developing all the many skills I’ll need to make it work.

I can’t wait to start exploring all the resources here and of course to get to know everyone!

Natasha Jackson
    Participant
    @natashajackson

Hi Gaelle,

Nice to meet you 👋🏽

Love calligraphy, do you share your work on Instagram? If yes, what is your @name? so we can follow along.

Have you read the inspiring post by Emma Lavelle yet? An essential read for anyone dreaming of their own creative business. https://sisterhoodcamp.co.uk/old/career-follow-your-dreams/

Gaelle Jolly
    Participant
    @gaelle

Hi Natasha!

Yes, I realised just after hitting ‘submit’ that I’d failed to include my Instagram handle 🤦🏻‍♀️  I’m @inkysquare

Thanks for the link – I’ll have a read of Emma’s post now!

Dan Taylor
    Participant
    @dantan

Hi Gaelle,

I love that comment about your neighbour’s cat!  We’ll have user profile pages online soon.  These will act as a hub for displaying your social links, etc.  We’re currently still ironing out a couple of glitches!

Lou Archell
    Keymaster
    @lou

Omg!  I think we love and hate the same things!  I have no time for bad coffee or bread!!! 🙂

Anonymous @

Hi!

I love your blog Lou and have been following along for a while. I have always wanted to attend a Sisterhood event but they are a little far away for me, so excited for this online community!

I’m Clare. I’m also a mum to two boys, Charlie and Jack and live in a little terrace house in a town  just outside Manchester.

I’m a primary school teacher by day and a creative dreamer at all other times! I love to craft, anything really, but especially fibre arts – macrame, weaving, punch needle. I run some workshops, and am hoping to make this into a little creative business in the not too distant future. I love Instagram for all the creative inspriration it brings into my life and for the lovely community, I have met some lovely friends through that little app. I’m @acreativecuppa and my fledgling business is @themakeboxuk.

I love crafts, being by the sea, a good cuppa, lazy days with my boys, photography, reading and wine (but it doesn’t like me!)

Lovely to ‘meet’ you all and Natasha and Gaelle hi! I’m off to find you on IG

C x

Lou Archell
    Keymaster
    @lou

Hi Gaelle,

Welcome to summer camp!  You are in the right place, we have loads of great content for you to get stuck into. Camilla from @folksy is a good one to chat to, and have a look at lesson 1 of her course.  https://sisterhoodcamp.co.uk/old/growing-your-own-creative-business-ecourse-by-camilla-westergaard-of-folksy-com/

She will be on the career forum next week to chat through all aspects of starting up a new creative business.

I’m off to look at your Instagram 🙂

Lou x

Louise Robertson
    Participant
    @eatwavesforbreakfast

Hello everyone!

I am really excited to be able to join the sisterhood! I have wanted to come to an event for ages so this is pretty cool to be able to do it from home.

My name is Lou and I am originally from the highlands of Scotland but now I live beside the beach in Cornwall with my lovely fiance and my amazing rescue dog Kai.

In my day job, I work as a marketing executive for a not very nice company so I am trying to build up my own business on the side as a photographer and designer to be able to leave and work freelance but I’m a little stuck on what my business should be/look like/offer!

I love reading, being outside in every way possible, learning, creativity, yoga, cooking, exploring and kindness.

The website looks amazing and I can’t believe how much awesome stuff is on it 🙂

My instagram is @eatwavesforbreakfast! Nice to meet you all!

xx

Natasha Jackson
    Participant
    @natashajackson

Hi Louise,

Lovely to meet you 👋🏽

Lucky you living in Cornwall #TheDream❤ I was in the same place as you a couple of years ago, not quite sure which professional direction to take. When you have so many talents and interests it can be hard to focus on just one business idea can’t it? Personally, I discovered the phrase ‘portfolio career’ and began to feel ok about doing a range of work rather than one thing.

Looking forward to seeing where SisterHood Camp takes you this summer ☀ xx

Lou Archell
    Keymaster
    @lou

Hi Clare!

Lovely to meet you!  Ah thank you! So nice to hear you like my little blog 🙂

This is exactly why we have bought our retreats online, so everyone can join in.

So happy you are here.

Off to look you up on insta x

Lou x

Anita Farkas
    Participant
    @anitafarkas

Hello!

I’m very excited to be here and connect with kind and creative people and learn from everyone.  I like the idea of spending summer here; the photos and content are so inspirational!

My name is Anita, after living in Manchester for 17 years a year ago I moved to Derbyshire.  It is a temporary situation and I am already planning to move back to the North of England later this year; but for now, I am exploring this part of the country and enjoy the beauty around here.

My full time job is with a public health organisation but I am also a photographer and ‘simple life believer’.  The beginning of this year I decided to nurture that photographer and simple life believer sides of me so I started thinking and planning about a blog/website where I can share my images (I have plenty sitting on my computer) and thoughts (I have some in my head) .  I am also spending more time with learning and meeting creative people because they inspire me endlessly and I love new experiences.

Other things that come to mind about me: I am vegan, I used to be a florist, I am interested in silence, travelling alone is one of my favourite things to do, I don’t watch television.  I learnt driving and completed my photography degree in my early 40s because I wanted to prove that it is not impossible.

I believe that with hard work and passion we can surprise ourselves beyond our wildest dreams.

I am looking forward to chatting with you all.

Anita (Personal IG account: @anita__farkas, no website yet…;-)

Anita Farkas
    Participant
    @anitafarkas

Sorry, I couldn’t find how to add my profile picture but I’m hoping my IG account shows here

Anonymous @

Hi Everyone,

I’m really pleased to be here.  I live with teenager, dogs and a husband in rural Suffolk but I’m originally from Belfast.  I’m happiest when walking under big skies, feeding friends and family and pausing to photograph small moments.

I run a small online business making and selling textile based gifts and accessories.  I feel awkward on Facebook but at home on Instagram.  I buy too many cook books, love fountain pens, salty butter and thunderstorms.  I’ve tried my best with Marmite but I just cannot like it.

My IG is https://www.instagram.com/poshyarns/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 56 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.